Background

Friday, January 9, 2009

Happy New Year





Todd and I love to go to bed early on New Year's Eve. We try to downplay it so that our boys don't know that they might be missing out on something. It always feels good to get up on time on New Year's Day and get lots of things done. And, we really had a lot to do to get ready for the arrival of our new baby. She had different plans.

I spent all day New Year's Eve wishing that the contractions I was having weren't happening and that they would go away. But, that didn't happen and we decided to go to the hospital at about 7:30 p.m. We did get a little nap sometime around midnight but at 4:29 a.m. our cute little Morgan Elizabeth came into the world. So, we were up all night long and went to bed sometime around 7:00 a.m. She was the first girl born at St. Mark's Hospital in 2009 (3rd baby). She weighed 7 lbs. 3 oz. and was 19 1/2 inches long. She has a lot of hair and she is doing really well.

Kira is still pretty happy with the new doll that she thinks she got. She wants to hold Morgan and put in her binky all of the time. The boys love to hold Morgan but they would also rather play their Wii or wrestle. Morgan and I were at Jonah's baptism the day we came home from the hospital. We thought it was planned well in advance of having the baby but two weeks apparently wasn't far enough for Morgan's early arrival.

6 comments:

hendricks14 said...

Congratulations on your beautiful baby girl! I hope it is ok to stalk your blog. Your mom gave me site info. It will be fun to keep in touch some. Scotty loved your boys. He still talks about playing with his cousin Luke in Utah. I think that was one of his highlights of our trip to Utah! Try to get some sleep!

Anonymous said...

Cute baby!!! That is so fun to have a new years baby. I love the name you guys picked out. Get some sleep. It seems like I have been sleep deprived for about 3 years now.

Christy said...

Congrats!! How fun to have a new baby in the house!! We are so excited foe you guys!!

CJ and Christy

Grandma Utah said...

She is so beautiful(good thing I'm not biased) and such a sweet little miracle. What better time for her to be born.

Brynnly and Alan said...

Congrats congrats! I'm so excited for you guys! She is a doll and I love love love her name so much! I'm so happy for you guys. Can't wait to meet her. :)

Deana :) said...

I'm obviously slow to comment because I have been slacking on my own blogging, so I haven't been checking anyone else's or I'd just feel guilty. So glad to see some pictures of your sweet little one! Hope all's still going well. Love ya tons! :)

About Me

My photo
"Life is to be enjoyed not just endured." President Gordon B. Hinckley